Thursday, February 18, 2010

Classroom Blog #2 (Mrs. Frandsen's Class)

http://www.missfrandsensclass.blogspot.com/

I thought this blog was wonderful, as well.  Just as the first blog captured the viewer, Mrs. Frandsen's did also.  Her use of video movies and montages were outstanding.  She listed several different activities for her classroom, including shapes and an in class trip with a Native American.  Also interesting was her graphic that displayed who has been on her site.  There was an individual from Germany under my Crystal Lake location.  Mrs. Frandsen chose a polka dot background, which is certainly fun for a second grade blog.  She seemed to make sure that all of the students were photographed in different perspectives of her classroom.  I particularly like the two blogs I choses because I can see where they would be a useful resource in my future classroom.  I would recommend this blog too.

1 comment:

  1. I also picked this site. I thought it was wonderful because it allowed the students to share their school day with their parents.

    I liked it because first and second grade is hard on some parents -- it's a time to really let go of the kids -- much more so than kindergarten ever was.

    This blog allows children to shine in the limelight, and allows worried parents to feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete